Sunday 11 October 2015

Earrings To Pendants: DIY Project

Hey All,
How are you guys doing today...

The last DIY project on the blog was about footwear makeover Lacey Affair
Today on the blog is another DIY project and this time we are going to convert earring into pendants. 

We all own chunks of jewelry that we love and adore. But many a times we either get bugged using the same thing time and again OR their overuse leads to considerable amount of wear and tear.
In either condition I have found out a good way to reuse such jewelry pieces.
So lets begin our DIY..

CASE ONE: Looking for a Change
My current hair style is a bob cut.
And these big traditional push-back style earrings are doing no good. So thought of making a pendant set out of it.
An easy peasy job. 


Just separate the dangler part from the studs. 
And the good news is that you can easily use the studs.


And since you have two pendants...
Use one for the long chain and..


Other for the short chain. In my case I have used a stiff black thread.


Style these traditional pieces with ethnic wear. They also compliment well with indo-western look.



If you dont wish to have two, you can gift one to your Bestie..
And once you are done with the change avatar... turn them back into earrings. 

CASE TWO: Broken/ Damaged
I had these nice blingy fish-hook style earrings. But sadly one suffered minor damage. But I didnt wish to part ways with them. So I converted them into pendants too. Have a look how. 


 I had this clutch with a small chain, which served no purpose. Hence I removed it.
 But soon found a purpose of it, a chain for my blingy pendants..


This time I have fixed both the danglers in the same chain.


Style them with plain fabrics as prints camouflage its presence.



Hope, you had fun reading the post. Do let us know about your views.
Catch you soon... Till then Browse And Love

Love,
Shivalii.



2 comments:

  1. Loved this post...u r awesome Shivali.
    Join Twitter now.

    Aditi
    www.sosaree.in

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You so much Aditi.. Sure we will be on Twitter soon..

      Delete