Wednesday 23 September 2015

The Lacey Affair: DIY

Hey Guys,
Well today's post is a DO IT YOURSELF (DIY) project.
I am a person who loves each and every thing that I own.. be it clothes or accessories or even a simple scrunchy... So when ever I get an opportunity to restyle or renew my things, I am always up for it.
Today we are going to see how to give your footwear a makeover.
My muse is Mary Janes from CATWALK. I had bought these two years back from LIMEROAD. They are super comfy and feet friendly.


 And due to the comfort they offer I have used them like crazy... You can see of yourself how much..


But I wasn't done with them yet. So I decided to work on them. Lets see the process..

Firstly, clean your footwear with a dry rag. This ensures that its almost dust-free.
Next, apply a coat of Decoupage glue. This glue is multi-purpose as its water resistant. I have seen people use it while they make paper craft. I bought my bottle from the Venus Traders : Stationery Store. Venus is a well known stationery outlet in Pune. You can also use the Mod Podge Glue which is available on Amazon.in



Initially the surface looks milky. But after drying it becomes transparent. Now just go ahead and color your footwear as per your choice. I have used Acrylic Colors of Camlin company. They are awesome, easy to use and mess free. They dry off pretty soon too. Hence working with them is always a pleasure. The colors that I have used are Black and copper from the metallic range.


 These are how they looked after the paint job was done.


And now time for the extra effect. I always wanted to add a bit of lace to my footwear, and I grabbed my opportunity this time. 


And again with the help of decoupage glue I stuck the small pieces of black lace fabric on certain parts only. Once the fabric is stuck onto the footwear, apply one more coat of the glue. But this time on the entire surface area.
Let it dry one more time. 
And then TADAAAA....


Initially the Mary Janes had a casual touch to them... But they are now all ready for party 
Hope you liked this DIY post as much as I enjoyed doing it. 
Will soon blog about how we styled them.

Until then Browse and Love...
Addio..
- Shivalii

No comments:

Post a Comment